Grasshopper

algorithmic modeling for Rhino

Hi,

just took a look in the sdk looking for the Rhino command "patch".

And this is what I found:

Public Function RhinoCreateEdgeSrf(ByRef curves As array) As OnBrep

Since I haven't started to learn how to write VB-code yet, I just wonder if someone could tell me if RhinoCreateEdgeSrf does the same as "patch" - that is, creates a surface from the selected edges.

Views: 12005

Replies to This Discussion

hi lars

sorry it is not the same, it is similar to the command _EdgeSrf
it creates a untrimmed surface from 2,3,4 edges

best to]
yes, as to] said...

In rhinoscript as well we have to run a rhino.command("_patch") because it is not an SDK function, but a function based on several SDK commands. This would be a good candidate for a vb component calling the rhino command.

luis
That was unfortunate, it is so good at creating "soap-film surfaces".

A vb component calling a rhino command... that would require that you first bake the geometry and then use the rhino command from the vb component..?
Yes, this would be the case, though, you can also automate the baking and rhino command processes from the vb component...
hi lars,
i need the same... did u find a way to do it?
For my definition I don't need to automatically bake geometry. I manually bake my curves, use the Rhino Patch command and then reference that back into GH. Would have been nice to be able to use Patch though..
yes... but like u say it would have been nice to do everything in grasshopper...
I tried to do this with rail revolve command - it was not bad
Hey Lars...
I've run into the same problem today and wrote a vb component that creates a patch with help of the app.RunScript
the vb component then returns the created patch that you can go on with in GH...

VB_patch.ghx
-bakes input Curves and runs the Patch command
-finds the last created object and returns it from the component.
- It also gives the object a name that I can find back later
- in the next run it will first delete the objects with that name that are already there to prevent pushing new patches into rhino every time...

VB_patch_2.ghx
is a bit simplified without deleting the ones already created

Attachments:
Wow, I'll rebuild my def and give it a try. Thanks for sharing!
Hi Marc,
coll work!
In rhino it is possible to add also points and surface edges.
How it is possible to put geometry into inputList(CrvList now) and then fork this into components, like points, curves, etc.
Best!
Dimitry
can this patch definition also work for points ?

RSS

About

Translate

Search

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Scott Davidson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service